Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Unit 3 Blog Post:

  1. Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?
          a. Physical well being, I give it a 7.5, it could be better, especially if I were more active.
          b. Spiritual well being, I give this a 9.0, which considering the past two years is remarkable with all of the things that have gone wrong.
          c. Psychological well being, I give this a 8.5, there are times that I see the doubts hanging around the peripheral of my life, but then I focus all my thoughts on the positives, on the things going right in my life, going to Kaplan first and foremost.

      2.  Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).
          a. To get more exercise is the one thing I can do to help both my body and mind.
          b. To attend church regularly, I have started to do this as I write this, performing with the church choir is a tremendous help to me.
          c. Psychological, to take things in their proper perspectives, to not allow myself to feel I am a "victim", to stand up and take control of my future, not let others dictate what I am capable of.

     3. What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?
          a. Getting enough physical exercise, reading the Bible, attending Church, singing in the choir, taking time to achieve a "quieting of the mind", these things will all help achieve my goals.
  1. Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.)
          a.  Myself I did not get much out of it, it seemed just breathing exercises to help you relax your body, which I do in similar ways as I get ready to go to sleep, and yes this technique does seem to help.  

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your goals for your psychological well-being. There are so many of us that chose to be a victim rather than standing up for ourselves. Most of us chose not to take responsibility for the things that occur in our lives. I think it's great that you take the stance that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    It is great that you have your goals set and you see where you want to go. I also do breathing exercises before I go to sleep, and it really helps me sleep. I find with my spiritual wellbeing that reading the bible and looking up things I have questions about really helps. I don't go to church because I haven't found one I like, but I do pray and read at home. I am spiritual, I'm just different. As long as you feel good about yourself and what you are doing with your life than you will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I mst admit I am rather impressed with the scores you gave for yourself. It seems that even though life may throw strikes you stand firm and don't dwell on the negative. I loved reading your spiritual goals as these days you don't see enoug people stand up for what they believe in. I am also a firm believer in he God and all He stands for. Your goals are also my focus for this area as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with others on your high scores. Good for you. God and prayer are always a good route to take in your life. To get yourself involved with others in the church is a good support system to have. It is never to late to get healthy and spiritual!

    ReplyDelete